Lighthouse 1/160 with Working Light
- Usually Ships in 24 Hours
- Calculated at Checkout
- How long is the model when complete:
- Measures 11.5 inches long and stands 10.5 inches tall
- What age is recommended:
- Ages 14 and up
- What paints do I need:
- We recommend Black, Blue, Tan, Gray, Red, Green
- Does it come with paint and glue:
- No glue is needed but you will need paint
- How many parts are included:
- 22 pieces
1/160 Scale - N scale. This easy to assemble Snap-together kit stands over 10 inches tall. Includes diorama seacape island base with pilot house, dinghy, and wreck boat crashed on the side of the rocks. Comes with working LED light requires 2 CR2032 lithium batteries not included. Add an interesting touch to your N scale train layout.
Lighthouse itself is 8.25 inches tall.
When mankind began navigating the seas, they needed guidance in the dark of night or in foggy weather. It was hard enough to sail around rocky shorelines in daylight. In its earliest form, people would light bonfires to alert approaching ships of hazardous coastlines or to serve as an entrance marker to Ports. Later, they started erecting small-sized stone towers on top of which they would light a fire. Lighthouses have become an iconic symbol of safety, security, and stability and are now a common sight on coastlines across the globe.